As a nonprofit organization, Sleep in Heavenly Peace relies on donations and volunteer crews help with assembling and delivering bedding for children and families in need year-round. Giving Tuesday is a huge celebration event to get more community members involved on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Anyone can donate, volunteer time, and celebrate this opportunity to show global generosity towards those less fortunate. Here’s more about the Giving Tuesday program and how you can get involved in your community.
What Exactly is Giving Tuesday?
Established in 2012, Giving Tuesday has grown into a worldwide movement. Their goal is to bring together those who want to give back a chance to collaborate, volunteer, and donate goods and services towards life-changing causes that they are most passionate about. Hosted in over 70 countries, there are global and community-focused Giving Tuesday nonprofit organization platforms and groups that participate.
These inspiring efforts are led by those who aspire to create a world where compassion, giving and generosity are a part of daily life. Individuals, businesses, and other charitable groups rally together with innovative solutions that make tangible changes to children's and familial situations.
Easy Ways to Contribute to Giving Tuesday
There are no limits to how one person or a group can pitch in! Simply choose one or more causes that speak to your heart and then determine what way to give is best for you to approach giving. Here are a few ideas on how to contribute.
1. Donate your voice and share any knowledge you have about local projects, charities or assist using a degree or skills that can help make social changes.
2. Offer your time by volunteering to put together and deliver goods, meals or help a group like Sleep in Heavenly Peace in assembling beds to get kids off of the floor and provide them with a comfortable place to sleep.
3. Gift goods or donate financially if you can, ask neighbors for contributions or direct those in need to places that offer free foods and furniture in your local community.
4. Use social network connections to let people know about upcoming fundraisers, auctions, or shout out #GivingTuesday to keep others informed and raise awareness for your cause.
5. Start your own virtual fundraiser via platforms such as PayPal or head over to GoFundMe, which will donate verified funds to the causes chosen. Remember, these donations are tax-deductible, too!
6. Even if time is short and you prefer to work from home to help, many opportunities exist to virtually share your talents or volunteer.
Celebrate Giving Tuesday with Sleep in Heavenly Peace
Whether you choose to learn more about Sleep in Heavenly Peace to explore areas where volunteer help is needed to ensure every child in need has a bed to sleep in at night. Or, reach out to any other charity or nonprofit organization that answers the call to help. We encourage you to get involved in any way that you can. To find out about locations near you, contact Sleep in Heavenly Peace.