Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in a kid's life in your community? Do you want to have fun while contributing to a great cause? No matter who you are or what you can do, we have volunteer opportunities that would be a perfect fit--and we'd love to have you.
Volunteering has all kinds of great benefits- some for your body, some for your mind, and some for your entire community. When you choose to volunteer your time, you can expect to:
- Make New Friends: Since volunteering is very people-centered and involves working with teams while having a great time.
- Get Out of the House: Having new experiences and learning new things.
- Sharpen Your Skills: Whether that means customer service, organization, teamwork, leadership, or even self-confidence.
- Get Some Exercise: Since many volunteer opportunities involve lots of moving. We do have non-physical volunteer opportunities as well. Just ask!
- Expand Your Worldview: Learn more about your community and the people who live in it (as well as the problems they face).
- Give Your Mental Health a Boost: It's amazing how helping others can lift your spirits! If you ever need a little mental health boost, we definitely recommend serving others in need.
Volunteer Opportunities You Can Be Part Of
Every volunteer opportunity is a chance to do something truly great. If you're looking for the opportunity to help kids, work with teams, and make the world a better place all at the same time, SHP is the place for you! Our mission is to build and distribute beds for children who would otherwise be sleeping on the floor--and as you can imagine, there's a lot of work involved! Here are a few things you can do to help:
Scheduled "Build Days" are a great chance to get involved and make a difference. The best part is that you don't need any experience at all--just show up willing to turn a pile of wood into a life-changing bed for a kid!
Once the beds are built, they are delivered to the homes of families in need who have requested them. These jobs generally only require a few volunteers.
Tell Your Friends
One of the best things you can do to help SHP is to tell our story. Spread the word to your friends, and maybe even get them involved in helping change the lives of kids across the United States!
If you're looking for fun, meaningful volunteer opportunities, please consider getting involved with SHP. We'd love to have your help!